Tags: Is, Labradoodle?, a, he

Views: 375

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi. I found this sweet boy in a kill shelter, described as a Labradoodle. No matter what he is, he's definitely a keeper..sweetest dog in the universe, very well trained and loving. He's  between 2 and 3 years old, 72 pounds. Barkley has obviously been out on his own for a while and we're working to get his coat back to normal. He's become BFF with my 7 year old Goldendoodle. I'm trying to post multiple photos so yall can get a better look. Thanks, Barbara 

Barbara, the only way you can know for sure is to have a DNA test done; search online and I think you'll find you can do them by mail very inexpensively. 

I would say there is some other breed in there besides Poodle and Labrador Retriever, based on his coloring. And the Poodle and/or Lab are not definite, either. There could very well be some terrier, possibly Schnauzer, and some spaniel, too. There could also be some herding breed in there, Bearded Collie or Border Collie perhaps. It would be fun to find out.
Personally, I'd say it doesn't matter one bit what the mix is or what name you call him. After all, there is no such officially recognized breed as a "Labradoodle", either. Ditto for "Cockapoo", "Schnoodle", and every kind of something-poo and whateverdoodle. Those are all made-up names for mixed breed dogs. Anyone can breed anything with anything and make up a name for it, but that doesn't mean there is such a breed or that any two of them look similar, lol.  If he's a sweet dog, well-trained, and loving, and he fits well into your home and family, nothing else matters. 

BTW, he's absolutely adorable. 

Hi Barb..What a BEAUTIFUL BOY! ....... Based on his coloring, I would tend to think he is either an Aussiedoodle (Australian Shepherd/Poodle mix) a Sheepadoodle ( Old English Sheepdog/Poodle Mix) or that there is something else in there besides Lab and Poodle.....

No matter......He is GORGEOUS!....No matter what his mix happens to be. And he is one lucky boy to have found you! 

Whatever he is, I am SOLD! :-}  He has freckles on his legs and I am a sucker for dogs with freckles.  I kinda don't think he is a labradoodle from two of the pics.  I think it would be fun to do a DNA test on him. If you do will you PLEASE let us know the results.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Jacquie Yorke - DRC Director.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service